Phase of the moon cakes are made during the 8th month of the lunar Chinese calender. The actual date for celebrating the festival is on the 15th of the 8th month of the lunar Chinese work schedule. Usually wooden moulds are being used for making moon truffles. Nowadays plastic moulds are being used because it is much cheaper. There are many designs on the mildew. It could be bought at any shops selling ingredients for cakes.
2. 1/2 kg sugar
2. 1/2 cups water
2. 2 slices lemon
Skin boil the syrup for about an hour until it turns golden brown. To test whether it be ready, put a tbsp of viscous, thick treacle in cold water. In the event that it separates it is ready. If it becomes a ball, the thick syrup is too thick. Put more water. When done, retain in a cool place for 14 days before use. The remaining syrup can be kept for future use. hoc lam banh trung thu
* 350-400 g wheat flour
5. 60 g golden thick syrup
* 50 g petrol
* 1 tsp alkaline water
Prepare the pastry: Mix all the pastry ingredients in a bowl. If it is too soft, add in more flour. It should be soft but not go through the fingers. Divide into 6 portions. Each part about 50 g. Permit it rest for at least an hour.
* 500 g red beans (wash and bathe overnight)
* 500 g glucose
* 200 milliliters essential oil
* 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
* 40 g pumpkin seeds (locally known as ‘kuaci’)
one particular. Cook the red coffee beans till soft and dry out. Blend red bean in a mixer while still hot with the epidermis till fine.
2. To cook the bean substance, pour in sugar and red bean paste in a wok and maintain stirring to prevent adhering. When mixture thickens, add in oil and importance. Keep stirring till prepare. When it is ready, the paste will leave the side of the wok clean. Dish away and cool it in the refrigerator.
3. The moment the paste is company, mix pumpkin seed with the red bean stick. Divide into 6 servings. Each portion about 150g.
4. Flatten each bread and add filling in the centre. Wrap the dough into a ball. Dust it with flour.
5. Shape the money in a moon wedding cake mould. Press slightly. In that case knock it out. Place in a baking holder and brush with outdone eggs. Bake for 15 minutes at 100 deg Celsius.
Note: Other contents such as lotus seed, green beans or sweet potato can be used. Egg yolks can be added in center of the fillings if used. Vapor the egg yolk before contributing to the filling.
Food preparation time: a quarter-hour.
Planning time: 15 minutes.